A Family of Brands Forums Residential Residential Forum Santa Fe Advance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wptski 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wptski
    Participant

I just got my Santa Fe Advanced yesterday! It replaced a old Sears Kenmore that I just started to use which hadn’t been used for years. The Santa Fe really pulls the water out too.

I have one question though. How does the trap in the dain line improve performance? My central AC has no loop in it although I assume that the “A” coil is much higher up and drains better.

Ken
    Participant

Air traps prevent air flow through the condensate hose. Air flow encourages biological growth which clog the drain over time. An additional feature is better draining. Thank you for the bussiness. Keep us posted on your results. Ken

wptski
    Participant

Ken:

The Kenmore running 16 hours a day for a week could hardly keep my basement below 50%RH but the Santa Fe running just five hours got it down to 38%RH. A bit lower than I wanted so I raised it some. Thanks for the info too!! 😀

Ken
    Participant

Thank you for posting the results. 50%RH is adequate for basements. If easy, let us know the outdoor dew point, how many hours and how much water is removed to maintain 50%RH in your basement. Ken

wptski
    Participant

Ken:

Dew point is no problem as I’m using a Fluke 971 but the amount of water is as it’s going right into a floor drain!

EDIT: Send me the pump kit and I’ll be glad to do the testing! 😆

EDIT: I’m just guessing as to what the pump kit is, how about a detailed description of it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.