Due to our tremendous growth we are looking to expand our Team!
Therma-Stor LLC, located in Madison, Wisconsin, was established in 1977 as a manufacturer of residential and professional grade climate control and dehumidification equipment, water heaters, and flood restoration tools.
Working under the general direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this position works with all departments within the company to improve overall reliability and safety of equipment and the building structure through the implementation of industry best standards for light assembly operations. This position supervises a team of facilities maintenance personnel.
Production Support 25%
Supervise a team of facility technicians to support daily production activities.
Lead, implement and maintain the eight pillars of Total Productive Maintenance.
Facilities Management 40%
Maintain the facilities and grounds via internal and external resources.
Project management 10%
Assist with project planning and manage construction and remodeling projects from start to finish.
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory or management role within the last year in a manufacturing setting
- High School diploma and at least 5 years as a Facility Engineering Technician in a Manufacturing setting within the last year or:
- Skilled Trade Electrical or Mechanical Journeyman with 3 years in a Manufacturing setting or:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline with 3 years as a Facility Engineering Technician in a manufacturing setting or:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with 1-3 years as a Facility Engineering Technician in a manufacturing setting.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement
- Experience in a union environment a plus
- Working knowledge of quality systems, finance, capital planning, project cost tracking and forecasting, economic justification analysis, and statistical process control
- Complete understanding of TPM and proven practical experience with implementation
- Proven use of PDCA and DMAIC to solve problems
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting, applied creativity and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematic drawings and technical manuals
- Specific training and hands on experience with electrical, HVAC, building automation, and plumbing systems
- Intimate knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot fluid power systems, basic automation including boards/cabinets, PLC & HMI programs, material handling equipment including forklifts and personnel lifts
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigeration License, 608 min Type II (or must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- Construction project management
- Well versed in building and fire code requirements, OSHA and safety rules, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft products and mobile technology
- Ability to provide good customer service and interface with plant personnel, outside contractors, and different functional groups within the business units
- Professional, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond promptly to issues; Effective time management and personal organization skills
- Works with a sense of urgency; able to meet deadlines
- Must be available for after-hours and weekend assignments or emergency calls
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Some employees may be required to drive between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors is necessary. This position may be expected to work varying hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Driver’s License Requirement:
Some positions may require possession of a valid driver’s license. Employees who drive on company business to carry out job-related duties must possess a valid driver’s license for the class of vehicle driven and meet automobile insurability requirements of the Company. Eligibility for employment for those who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
For consideration please send cover letter, resume including salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org